|Post Closing Analyst
Stearns Lending, LLC is a leading provider of mortgage lending services in Wholesale, Retail, Strategic Alliances and Consumer Direct sectors throughout the United States where licenses are held. The company was ranked as the #3 Wholesale Lender nationwide by Inside Mortgage Finance in 2016.*
If you are interested in joining an exciting team where excellence and customer service are a fundamental part of the culture, Stearns Lending, LLC is the place for you!
At Stearns, we consider all employees an everyday hero and we are always looking for OUTRAGEOUSLY TALENTED® individuals to join our team.
The role of the Post Closing Analyst is to prepare loans for investor purchase by sending completed credit and compliance packages to investors and Bond agencies, performing pre-purchase full loan file reviews on data and documents, identifying missing or incorrect information, and ensure all necessary documents have been received and are properly executed. Also, clear post funding conditions by obtain information to correct documentation discrepancies and communicating with investors and third parties.
• Prepares and submits electronic loan packages for agency pool and cash deliveries, ensuring adequate documentation has been obtained for income, assets, credit, collateral, data integrity and program validations.
• Conducts full file review of delivery documents prior to shipping loans to the investors to prevent suspending of loans.
• Reviews loan deficiencies, collaborates with operations, secondary, and external business partners to respond to and resolve all loan-level exceptions, retrieve missing and incorrect items, providing documentation to investors, and ensure timely settlement in order to get loans purchased.
• Review trailing doc reports and e-mails daily to get information to correct missing and incorrect document information post purchase.
• Updates System of Record with notes and dates as needed.
• Contributes to a positive work environment by practicing Stearns iDream values, being a team player and demonstrate understanding of customer service and intrapersonal best practices on a daily basis.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
• Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision, excellent attention to detail, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to tight deadlines in a fast paced, high volume environment.
• Provides exceptional organization and time management in a highly sensitive environment with a proactive approach to achieving departmental and company goals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are necessary.
• Demonstrated experience with MS Office software products.
• Ability to adapt to various systems and processes.
• Experience working in a paperless environment.
Required Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalency degree.
• 3-5 years related mortgage experience, including experience in post-closing and mortgage file review preferred.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of loan shipping policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of all types of supporting documents for mortgage loan files.
• Knowledge in area of processing, underwriting, closing, and TRID regulatory requirements
Work is performed in climate controlled indoor administrative office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, depending upon office or meeting location.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending is also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration). Stearns Lending, LLC is located at 4 Hutton Centre Drive, 10th Floor, Santa Ana, CA 92707. Company NMLS# 1854.
For more information, visit www.stearns.com.