Stearns Lending, LLC is a leading provider of mortgage lending services in Wholesale, Retail, Strategic Alliances and Consumer Direct sectors throughout the United States where licenses are held. The company was ranked as the #3 Wholesale Lender nationwide by Inside Mortgage Finance in 2016.*
If you are interested in joining an exciting team where excellence and customer service are a fundamental part of the culture, Stearns Lending, LLC is the place for you!
At Stearns, we consider all employees an everyday hero and we are always looking for OUTRAGEOUSLY TALENTED® individuals to join our team.
The Business Analyst will work to identify and resolve the data and analytics needs for the Operational Risk areas. This includes the sourcing of data, storage of data and ensuring the quality of data for use in applications and reporting. The analyst will work closely with the Whole Loan Delivery and IT teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. It is essential that the analyst have an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables them to identify and address critical issues. The analyst must also understand how data is turned into information and knowledge and how the knowledge supports and enables key business processes. The analyst must have an in depth understanding of the business environment and an interest in going beyond the obvious, delving into the source, the definition, philosophy, and foundational roots of a data element in order to create actionable information.
The primary function is to provide timely and accurate data that is accessible, accurate and actionable to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems. The analyst will work with their business units to develop data integrity, data quality and data validation rules to ensure accurate and timely data. The key responsibilities are as follows:
Key Result Areas
- Solicits information on enterprise direction, goals and industry competitive environment to determine how own function can add value to the organization and to customers.
- Makes recommendations clearly linked to the organizations strategy and financial goals, reflecting an awareness of external dynamics.
- Demonstrates awareness by providing clear explanations for actions taken relative to customer requirements, needs and industry trends.
- Ability to understand a customer’s business needs and translate needs into IT specific requirements.
- Applies knowledge of the customer’s functions and processes to develop business case and business requirement documents.
- Gathers and analyzes information or data on current and future trends of best practice.
- Translates up to date information into continuous improvement activities that enhance performance.
- Voluntarily takes the first steps to identify and address existing and potential obstacles, issues and opportunities.
- Aid in administrative functions of loan delivery, including resolving exceptions, creating documentation, preparing reports, tracking and resolving investor exceptions.
- Prepares Challenged Loan Inventory (CLI), reallocated, PCCD, high curtailment, aged reports to provide to senior leadership and Capital Markets.
- Responds to various warehouse banks on dry/aging loans.
- Documents findings, including errors and defects in documentation and procedural requirements, in a structured database for reported loans.
- Collates findings and distributes reports of findings with status and responsible party, monitoring and following up on ROC responses to findings, documenting responses and remediation steps.
- Works with Processors/Underwriters/Funders/Managers in ROCs to develop an in-depth understanding of the potential trend that may occur from the post funding findings.
- Coordinates bulk trade efforts by managing daily workflow of bulk trade loans, assigning loans from each trade, working on escalated files, and ensures timely delivery of documents and clearing of conditions.
- Notify management of any trends or training opportunities.
- Contributes to a positive work environment by practicing Stearns iDream values, being a team player and demonstrate understanding of customer service and intrapersonal best practices on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Manage the data quality aspect of large technical projects and help build a business case around technical projects with many variables and uncertainty
- Execution of strategic roadmaps and programs to improve data quality and analytics performance at the enterprise level
- Deliver value to the business by increasing revenues and/or decreasing costs through insights gained from data initiatives
Desired Skills, Experience, or Education:
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision, excellent attention to detail, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to tight deadlines in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Provides exceptional organization and time management in a highly sensitive environment with a proactive approach to achieving departmental and company goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office software products.
- Ability to adapt to various systems and processes.
- Experience working in a paperless environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence or Data Science
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a financial services institution
- Highly skilled in the design, development and validation of analytics and controls
- Track record of success in delivering information management projects and programs
- Familiarity with Big Data solutions
- Familiarity with data governance and quality control
- Solution provider mindset
- Adherence to best practices and methodologies for technical projects
- Familiarity with data modeling and visualization techniques
- Basic knowledge and understanding of loan shipping policies, procedures, & regulations, supporting documents for mortgage loan files, and processing, underwriting, closing, and TRID regulatory requirements.
- SQL Expertise Required
- Java/Groovy Expertise Recommended
Work is performed in climate controlled indoor administrative office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, depending upon office or meeting location.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending is also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration). Stearns Lending, LLC is located at 4 Hutton Centre Drive, 10th Floor, Santa Ana, CA 92707. Company NMLS# 1854.
For more information, visit www.stearns.com.