- Senior oversight of compliance operations for Stearns and its joint ventures including:
- Mange the Compliance Support “Help Desk” to provide real-time compliance guidance and assistance to the field for loan level questions and corporate department partners for policy and general inquiries.
- Provide expertise on the impact of state and federal mortgage regulations related our systems, programs and products to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state requirements for disclosures and operational procedures.
- When requested, assist with state examination, agency and investor diligence, reviews and responses.
- Partner with internal IT resources and third party vendors to ensure systems and procedures meet state and federal compliance requirements.
- Manage the team responsible for tracking federal and state compliance updates and for hosting the Laws & Regulations Committee meetings to inform the business of new and updated laws and regulations.
- Partner with operations team in development, drafting, reviewing and implementing lending operational policies and procedures.
- Participate in development and implementation of company strategic initiatives, new products and programs.
- Special projects and ad hoc reporting, as assigned.
- Supervise and manage Compliance Operations team.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of recent mortgage experience, including compliance management.
- Expertise in current and proposed mortgage lending laws and regulations.
- Ability to manage a Compliance Operations team.
- Ability to create and implement new policies/procedures, products, and programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to utilize Excel and customized internal reports to source and track data.
- Previous management experience required.
- Highly developed organization and time management skills.
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending is also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration). Stearns Lending, LLC is located at 4 Hutton Centre Drive, 10th Floor, Santa Ana, CA 92707. Company NMLS# 1854.
For more information, visit www.stearns.com.