Stearns Lending, LLC is a leading provider of mortgage lending services in Wholesale, Retail, Strategic Alliances and Consumer Direct sectors throughout the United States where licenses are held. The company was ranked as the #3 Wholesale Lender nationwide by Inside Mortgage Finance in 2016.*
If you are interested in joining an exciting team where excellence and customer service are a fundamental part of the culture, Stearns Lending, LLC is the place for you!
At Stearns, we consider all employees an everyday hero and we are always looking for OUTRAGEOUSLY TALENTED® individuals to join our team.
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending is also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration). Stearns Lending, LLC is located at 4 Hutton Centre Drive, 10th Floor, Santa Ana, CA 92707. Company NMLS# 1854.
- Manage the day to day operations of the mortgage underwriting and loan processing function for Stearns Lending
- Manage, direct, and implement operation strategies and objectives to ensure the timely delivery of high quality loan decisions in accordance with credit policy and service level agreements.
- Ensures proper underwriting and processing standards are implemented in order to safeguard company assets and ensure conformity for investor standards. Stay abreast of trends in the mortgage banking and financial industries in order to effectively anticipate the markets and opportunities, enabling orderly reaction to industry/company expansion.
- Create a productive department through written and verbal communications. Review and approve communications relating to products, procedures, and other information. Interpret, clarify, and ensure changes to process, policies and procedures are communicated and oversee execution.
- Manage and assist in coordinating effort between support departments and sales within the organization. Partner with Production Sales and Operations to promote and achieve the highest level of customer service. Partner with Compliance, Risk management and Quality Control to ensure alignment and achievement of risk profile and goals.
- Participate in the implementation of advanced technology to improve processing and underwriting while promoting on-time delivery to internal and external customers.
- Implement and maintain department operating procedures and ensure adherence
- Develop regular reporting designed to monitor the portfolio status including pipeline reporting and secondary market disposition. Analyze developing trends.
- Review approved loans and delinquency reports to ensure policies and practices are followed, including overseeing 3rd party mortgage service agents to ensure level of service and product quality is maintained.
- Maintain compliance with state and federal lending regulations, implementing corrective action to address deficiencies as warranted.
- Review operational procedures and recommend changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of mortgage servicing operations.
- Hire, train and develop staff members to ensure achievement of all operational and revenue standards. Perform ongoing performance assessments with appropriate follow-up, on all direct reports.
Desired Skills, Experience, or Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, with concentration in Finance, Accounting, or Marketing preferred.
- 8-10 years experience in retail mortgage lending, including extensive processing and underwriting experience
- 5 years experience managing a team of processors and underwriters
- Working knowledge of retail lending, including identification of exposure and risk factors.
- Current knowledge of RESPA and MDIA regulations
- Strong knowledge in "A" Paper, FNMA/FHLM; FHA/VA programs
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, Desktop Underwriter, Loan Prospector, and Calyx Point.
- 4 years AUS experience.
- Working knowledge of "DataTrac" is a plus
- Demonstrate high volume productivity.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and work efficiently under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
For more information, visit www.stearns.com.