Stearns Lending, LLC is a leading provider of mortgage lending services in Wholesale, Retail, Strategic Alliances and Consumer Direct sectors throughout the United States where licenses are held. The company was ranked as the #3 Wholesale Lender nationwide by Inside Mortgage Finance in 2016.*
If you are interested in joining an exciting team where excellence and customer service are a fundamental part of the culture, Stearns Lending, LLC is the place for you!
At Stearns, we consider all employees an everyday hero and we are always looking for OUTRAGEOUSLY TALENTED® individuals to join our team.
Responsible for daily funding of loans originated by Stearns Lending. Collaborate with warehouse lenders to ensure timely and accurate delivery of funds. Collaborate with operations teams to resolve funding issues in an expedited manner. Deliver data and collateral transfer instructions to warehouse lenders and custodians to facilitate sale of loans to third-party investors. Work with the Operations Manager to complete other requested analysis and ad hoc reporting on an as needed basis.
• Assistant Treasury Analysts and Manager in processing funding requests, extractions to warehouse banks, loan sales off of warehouse lines, and reporting requirements for each
• Process of cash loan sales and pooled sales to Agencies
• Transfer of loan pools to gestation lines
• Processing of sales from affiliated joint ventures to Stearns
• Timely and accurate uploading of funding files and required documentation to warehouse banks
• Assistance in management of daily funding queue and intraday reconciliation of funding requests to prevent missed or double fundings
• Timely review and response to all email inquiries related to fundings
• Process closing agent approvals and updates to E&O policies in advance of funding dates
• Extraction of Federal Reference Numbers from Warehouse Lender websites; uploading of files to LOS
• Timely and accurate preparation and delivery of collateral data and Portfolio Reports
• Other reporting and projects as requested by Treasury Manager on an ad hoc basis
Desired Skills, Experience, or Education:
• 1-2 years of experience or education in finance, accounting, treasury and/or financial reporting
• Mortgage experience a plus, but not required
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Comfortable with routine tasks
• Needs to be able to work quickly within tight deadlines
• Advanced with Microsoft Excel
Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; able to work quickly with minimal mistakes; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Problem Solving: Uses logic and business acumen to solve problems with effective solutions; recognizes when to escalate issues to senior management; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis.
Decision Quality: Makes prudent decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, and experience; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by other for advice and solutions.
Written Communications: Is able to write clearly and succinctly, particularly via email; ability to get messages across that have the desired effect.
Integrity and Trust: Widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people inside and outside of the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending is also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration). Stearns Lending, LLC is located at 4 Hutton Centre Drive, 10th Floor, Santa Ana, CA 92707. Company NMLS# 1854.
For more information, visit www.stearns.com.