|Government Insuring Specialist
Stearns Lending, LLC is a leading provider of mortgage lending services in Wholesale, Retail, Strategic Alliances and Consumer Direct sectors throughout the United States where licenses are held. The company was ranked as the #3 Wholesale Lender nationwide by Inside Mortgage Finance in 2016.*
If you are interested in joining an exciting team where excellence and customer service are a fundamental part of the culture, Stearns Lending, LLC is the place for you!
At Stearns, we consider all employees an everyday hero and we are always looking for OUTRAGEOUSLY TALENTED® individuals to join our team.
Responsible for accurately auditing loan files for compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as Investor and Regulatory guidelines prior to delivery to the end investor. Prepare, Review and Submit insurance application to Government Agency (HUD, VA, USDA). Calculate Mortgage Insurance Premiums, VA Funding Fees and USDA Guarantee Fees.
- Perform post-funding audit of loan files (including credit and closing packages) to ensure compliance with policies and procedures as well as investor and regulatory agency guidelines
- Ensure data integrity within Post Closing systems.
- Submit Insurance Applications to Federal Regulatory Agencies such as VA, USDA and HUD using web-based applications like WEBLGY, USDALINC and FHA Connection.
- Escalate loans within allotted timeframe that may not be investor compliant or cannot be shipped within 48 hours of initial review/assigned date.
- Validate compliance with RESPA and TILA guidelines by performing a detailed audit on Loan Estimate and Closing Disclosure statements, to ensure that all fees have been properly disclosed and paid to the appropriate parties in the transaction.
- Perform complex calculations to identify under-disclosures and non-allowable fees. Facilitate reimbursements to borrowers via check or wire request when applicable.
- Calculate VA Funding Fee/ USDA Guarantee Fee in accordance with VA/ USDA Eligibility Requirements and facilitate reimbursements or collect shortages as applicable.
- Document errors and/or missing items in the system, send out notification to Operations Staff and Mangers to address any missing or erroneous items in file, follow through to ensure timely receipt of required deficiency items needed to ship and sell loans.
- Other MISC. items as needed including but not limited to condition follow up, data/ trend reporting. Training sessions as required.
- Work planning, prioritization and assignment
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies
- Meet position requirements and objectives
- Demonstrate and encourage integrity and alignment with Company Vision, Mission and Values
Desired Skills, Experience, or Education:
- Independent thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts
- PC Skills (MS Office- Word, Excel)
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Attention to detail; multi-tasking skills; excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fluid and rapidly changing environment.
- Willingness to do more than basic job requirements as needed.
- Conventional, FHA, USDA & VA loan guidelines for insuring and delivery.
- Knowledge of Federal Consumer Laws and Regulations including but not limited to:
- Investor delivery requirements
- FHA Guidelines
- VA Guidelines
- USDA Guidelines
- BOND Guidelines
- Conventional Guidelines
- Reg C – Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
- Reg X – Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
- Reg Z – Truth in Lending Act
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending is also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration). Stearns Lending, LLC is located at 4 Hutton Centre Drive, 10th Floor, Santa Ana, CA 92707. Company NMLS# 1854.
For more information, visit www.stearns.com.