|Santa Ana, CA|
Stearns Lending, LLC is a leading provider of mortgage lending services in Wholesale, Retail, Strategic Alliances and Consumer Direct sectors throughout the United States where licenses are held. The company was ranked as the #3 Wholesale Lender nationwide by Inside Mortgage Finance in 2016.*
If you are interested in joining an exciting team where excellence and customer service are a fundamental part of the culture, Stearns Lending, LLC is the place for you!
At Stearns, we consider all employees an everyday hero and we are always looking for OUTRAGEOUSLY TALENTED® individuals to join our team.
The fraud investigator is responsible for investigating all Internal and external allegations of suspicious activity on pre and post-funded transactions. They will assist in investigating allegations of employee malfeasance relating to the origination or servicing of a transaction. The fraud investigator will refer suspicious activity that rises to the level of being SAR-reportable to their manager for regulatory reporting. Additionally, the fraud investigator will aggregate findings for reporting purposes and make appropriate recommendations regarding process gaps and weaknesses, or to address current high-risk trends. This position will assist in all special investigation or review requests from production employees or Sr. Management such as one-off business partner special reviews, close out of business partners, or other such inquiries.
• Conduct objective, fair, thorough, unbiased and timely investigations into allegations of fraud committed by internal and external parties against the company
• Review and research evidence/documents to analyze the overall fact pattern of claim and synthesize data into a professional report with recommendations
• Prepare and coordinate interviews to obtain relevant evidence and information
• Manage and prioritize a large and varied case load effectively and efficiently to achieve positive results
Desired Skills, Experience, or Education:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to interact with clients, upper management and law enforcement
• Ingenuity and persistence to obtain case information not readily available with an eye for detail
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Good organizational skills needed to manage a high volume of assigned cases
• Hands on experience with relevant Information System
• Display good interviewing and interrogation skills along with the capability of drafting reports
• Honest and ethical with high levels of integrity and confidentiality
• Willing to submit employment recommendations
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending is also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration). Stearns Lending, LLC is located at 4 Hutton Centre Drive, 10th Floor, Santa Ana, CA 92707. Company NMLS# 1854.
For more information, visit www.stearns.com.