Stearns Lending, LLC is a leading provider of mortgage lending services in Wholesale, Retail, Strategic Alliances and Consumer Direct sectors throughout the United States where licenses are held. The company was ranked as the #3 Wholesale Lender nationwide by Inside Mortgage Finance in 2016.*
If you are interested in joining an exciting team where excellence and customer service are a fundamental part of the culture, Stearns Lending, LLC is the place for you!
At Stearns, we consider all employees an everyday hero and we are always looking for OUTRAGEOUSLY TALENTED® individuals to join our team.
- Manage, direct, and implement underwriting strategies and objectives to ensure the timely delivery of high quality loan decisions in accordance with credit policy and service level agreements.
- Overseeing the underwriting function for multiple production divisions.
- Ensures proper underwriting standards are implemented in order to safeguard company assets and ensure conformity for investor standards. Stay abreast of trends in the mortgage banking and financial industries in order to effectively anticipate the markets and opportunities, enabling orderly reaction to industry/company expansion.
- Create a productive department through written and verbal communications. Review and approve communications relating to products, procedures, and other information. Interpret, clarify, and ensure changes to process, policies and procedures are communicated and oversee execution.
- Manage and assist in coordinating effort between support departments and sales within the organization. Partner with Production Sales and Operations to promote and achieve the highest level of customer service. Partner with Compliance, Risk management and Quality Control to ensure alignment and achievement of risk profile and goals.
Desired Skills, Experience, or Education:
- 5 Years experience, 2 years currently managing a diversified Mortgage Underwriting Operation with strong technical, business and managerial skills.
- Conforming, government (prefer LAPP / SAR and /DE) designations
- Current knowledge of RESPA and MDIA regulations
- Strong knowledge in "A" Paper, FNMA/FHLM; FHA/VA programs beneficial
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, Desktop Underwriter, Loan Prospector, and Calyx Point.
- 2 years AUS experience.
- Working knowledge of "DataTrac" is a plus
- Demonstrate high volume productivity.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and work efficiently under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate an OUTSTANDING level of customer service skills.
- Work independently and be "self-motivated".
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending is also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration). Stearns Lending, LLC is located at 4 Hutton Centre Drive, 10th Floor, Santa Ana, CA 92707. Company NMLS# 1854.
For more information, visit www.stearns.com.