|Loan Admin Specialist
Stearns Lending, LLC is a leading provider of mortgage lending services in Wholesale, Retail, Strategic Alliances and Consumer Direct sectors throughout the United States where licenses are held. The company was ranked as the #3 Wholesale Lender nationwide by Inside Mortgage Finance in 2016.*
If you are interested in joining an exciting team where excellence and customer service are a fundamental part of the culture, Stearns Lending, LLC is the place for you!
At Stearns, we consider all employees an everyday hero and we are always looking for OUTRAGEOUSLY TALENTED® individuals to join our team.
Desired Skills, Experience, or Education:
- Reviews loan deficiencies and provides documentation to investors in order to get loans purchased.
- Maintains accurate records via different reports on loans for Executive management for Underwriter/Funder errors, Recommitted files, timeframes between loan funded to purchase, etc.
- Reviews closed loans in GSE audits to ensure adherence to all investor & company guidelines to prevent the loan from having to be repurchased.
- Reviews loans rejected by investors to determine whether the loan may be recommitted to another investor or whether the loan is unsalable to any investor.
- Responds and reports to Executive Management via Suspense Error Report & to Department Manager via Funded to Purchase report completed monthly.
- Completes daily review and completes Pre Shipping checklist on any Jumbo loan prior to loan being shipped to investor.
- Maintains two reports for Recommitted and Recommitted/Unsalable loans on loans that have been rejected by investors.
- Responds to various warehouse banks on dry/aging loans.
- Advises secondary marketing on number of loans being reviewed for shipping each day.
- Advises and/or trains ROCs on a monthly basis on errors found and/or updates to the investor guidelines
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in finance, economics, accounting, or equivalent experience.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in secondary marketing at a mortgage company, or a bank, with applicable experience in pricing GSE eligible loans. Experience with industry hedging systems / software preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Technologically savvy, with the ability to work in varied systems. Proficiency with Excel/Word/SQL.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Comfortable working with large datasets.
- Strong communication and client service skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to work independently.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Experience with loan origination systems, mortgage position management software (Compass/QRM/MIAC), or other mortgage-related processing systems preferred.
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending is also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration). Stearns Lending, LLC is located at 4 Hutton Centre Drive, 10th Floor, Santa Ana, CA 92707. Company NMLS# 1854.
For more information, visit www.stearns.com.