Stearns Lending, LLC is a leading provider of mortgage lending services in Wholesale, Retail, Strategic Alliances and Consumer Direct sectors throughout the United States where licenses are held. The company was ranked as the #3 Wholesale Lender nationwide by Inside Mortgage Finance in 2016.*
If you are interested in joining an exciting team where excellence and customer service are a fundamental part of the culture, Stearns Lending, LLC is the place for you!
At Stearns, we consider all employees an everyday hero and we are always looking for OUTRAGEOUSLY TALENTED® individuals to join our team.
The technical writer is responsible for preparing high-quality policies, procedures, forms, and other supporting documents to communicate complex information in an easy-to-understand format. You will join a team of talented individuals who will work collaboratively to document and communicate our processes.
• Works with leadership to gather general project information and identify deliverables and timelines.
• Works with identified business/process owners to analyze lending processes and regulatory requirements.
• Writes and edits policies and procedures documentation that detail lending processes and integrates regulatory requirements.
• Coordinates and communicates with business/process owners to ensure documentation is reflective of accurate processes and controls.
• Coordinates and communicates with compliance associates to ensure all documents are in compliance with federal, state, local, and agency rules and regulations.
• Understands operational concepts and translates them into writing.
• Initiates and manages documentation approval process; driving documentation through compliance, senior management, and subject matter experts for approval.
• Maintains partnerships with business units to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, accurate, and effective documentation that meets project requirements.
• Escalates roadblocks to Management for resolution.
• Maintains detail audit trail and proper publication approvals for archive and audit purposes.
• Maintains project tracking mechanism for management reporting.
• Provides exceptional customer service.
Desired Skills, Experience, or Education:
• Minimum 5 years policies and procedures analysis, and documentation development experience in the mortgage lending industry preferred.
• Strong knowledge of mortgage lending (Wholesale, Retail, and Correspondent) and associated regulatory requirements required.
• Strong writing and editing skills and experience.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
• Strong analytical skills, problem solver, and takes initiative on projects with limited supervision.
• Ability to independently partner with a board range of associates/stakeholders/Management.
• Proficient working on multiple concurrent projects, while meeting aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending is also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration). Stearns Lending, LLC is located at 4 Hutton Centre Drive, 10th Floor, Santa Ana, CA 92707. Company NMLS# 1854.
For more information, visit www.stearns.com.