|Senior Compliance Specialist
Stearns Lending, LLC is a leading provider of mortgage lending services in Wholesale, Retail, Strategic Alliances and Consumer Direct sectors throughout the United States where licenses are held. The company was ranked as the #3 Wholesale Lender nationwide by Inside Mortgage Finance in 2016.*
If you are interested in joining an exciting team where excellence and customer service are a fundamental part of the culture, Stearns Lending, LLC is the place for you!
At Stearns, we consider all employees an everyday hero and we are always looking for OUTRAGEOUSLY TALENTED® individuals to join our team.
Provide support and guidance to all business units, including correspondents and sales.
Research specific requirements at federal and state levels and update the state lending guidelines, prepare and disseminate Compliance Updates, draft/revise policies & procedures.
Help monitor changes to laws and regulations and work with the business units to determine applicability and action plans.
- Research and respond to Compliance Support email inbox inquiries pertaining regulatory compliance matters and/or company policy around current issues.
- Analyze, calculate and troubleshoot QM points and fees.
- Review Loan Estimates and Closing Disclosures for accurate placement of the fees and timing requirements.
- Review and analyze the compliance analyzer report and provide manual override, if warranted.
- Identify and help remediate issues that are raised through the Compliance Support inbox and lead efforts to publish communication to operations.
- Survey the type and frequency of Compliance Support questions for training development and policies and procedures purposes.
- Research and analyze federal and state regulatory updates to determine impact on business operations.
- Prepare Laws and Regulations memos showing legislative and regulatory activity that has taken place and facilitate implementation.
- Research material findings resulted from regulatory state exams and internal target audits.
- Update and maintain 50 state lending guidelines, as needed, to ensure they are current with the regulations.
Desired Skills, Experience, or Education:
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending is also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration). Stearns Lending, LLC is located at 4 Hutton Centre Drive, 10th Floor, Santa Ana, CA 92707. Company NMLS# 1854.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years mortgage lending experience
- Practical experience in operations, internal compliance, monitoring, and assuring overall compliance with federal/state laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of compliance regulations such as TRID, RESPA, TILA, QM, HOEPA, TRID, and other regulatory developments related to consumer protection laws
- Successful experience managing multiple projects at the same time
- Successful experience working in a fast paced environment
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- aGood time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
For more information, visit www.stearns.com.