|Real Estate Project Manager
Stearns Lending, LLC is a leading provider of mortgage lending services in Wholesale, Retail, Strategic Alliances and Consumer Direct sectors throughout the United States where licenses are held. The company was ranked as the #3 Wholesale Lender nationwide by Inside Mortgage Finance in 2016.*
If you are interested in joining an exciting team where excellence and customer service are a fundamental part of the culture, Stearns Lending, LLC is the place for you!
At Stearns, we consider all employees an everyday hero and we are always looking for OUTRAGEOUSLY TALENTED® individuals to join our team.
This position will be the Project leader overseeing a develop project from concept through to design, construction, marketing and management. This position will assist in identifying and evaluating options for site selection. This position will coordinate pre-development and entitlement, coordinating consultant/contractor team, due diligence, design, programming, entitlement lawyers, etc.). This position will oversee each project’s budget and development through construction and handoff to operations. The successful candidate must be a skilled communicator with expertise working with people of varied backgrounds and experiences. Interaction with senior executives highly likely.
Desired Skills, Experience, or Education:
- Formulate criteria for both site evaluation and selection including accessibility, market characteristics, competitive environment, government subsidies, land and construction cost, permit process, etc.
- Negotiate P&S Agreement or long-term ground leases with sellers, on behalf of our affiliates. Oversee all aspects of site feasibility due diligence including environmental, engineering, permits, geotechnical, community, zoning entitlement, development capacity, etc.
- Direct market research and demographic research projects, which will inform the site selection process
- Help develop strategy to perform local and multi-state site searches for high profile, high impact, high value projects including selection and oversight of appropriate third-party agent to perform detailed city-specific search
- Assist with selecting team of third-party professionals for each project and supervise team and inter-team relationships
- Contribute to development of project budgets and business plans and monitor financial performance of projects under his/her supervision
- Formulate staffing and execution plan to meet project goals and objectives (including assembling, contracting with, and managing consulting team)
- Conceptualize and direct projects to meet business goals
- Lead the entitlement process for designated real estate development projects
- The person will also present project plans to government officials and other key stakeholders to gain support and potentially financial assistance
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending is also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration). Stearns Lending, LLC is located at 4 Hutton Centre Drive, 10th Floor, Santa Ana, CA 92707. Company NMLS# 1854.
- 4 to 6 years of experience (work and advanced education) in retail, mixed use, office and/or hospitality development. Must have managed all phases of development on multiple projects or single large projects
- Ability to manage a team of cross-functional experts and to address development issues on a timely basis
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, colleagues, business associates and the general public
- Experience interacting with senior level management
- Exceptional organization and leadership skills
- Strong verbal, visual and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with construction and design contracts, city permit processes
- Familiarity with development joint venture agreements, purchase and sale agreements, lease agreements, and ground lease agreements
- Complete understanding of investment analysis such as discounted cash flow, net present value, internal rate of return analysis and other methods of presentation and analysis used in the real estate industry
- Ability to supervise cash flow analysis
- Familiarity with property due diligence, acquisition, and feasibility process
- Strong understanding of real estate valuations, which would inform site selection process
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Travel estimated to be 25%
For more information, visit www.stearns.com.