|People Experience Business Analyst
Stearns Lending, LLC is a leading provider of mortgage lending services in Wholesale, Retail, Strategic Alliances and Consumer Direct sectors throughout the United States where licenses are held. The company was ranked as the #3 Wholesale Lender nationwide by Inside Mortgage Finance in 2016.*
If you are interested in joining an exciting team where excellence and customer service are a fundamental part of the culture, Stearns Lending, LLC is the place for you!
At Stearns, we consider all employees an everyday hero and we are always looking for OUTRAGEOUSLY TALENTED® individuals to join our team.
The PE Business Analyst is responsible for providing complex, non-routine analytical, technical, and operational support for the People Experience Analytics team. This person will sign, implement, evaluate and analyze data and reporting mechanisms to bring clarity to HR-related issues and overall trends in the organization. Responsible for running, designing, and developing reports, report templates and dashboards by leveraging data from various sources. Work closely with the People Experience (HR) staff and business management. Will work on highly visible projects.
- Analysis and Consultation
- Meet with management and HR staff to understand and capture needs, areas of improvement, and new functionality requests.
- Make recommendations for potential solutions.
- Create technical/design specifications based on business requirements.
- Provide thoughtful analysis to enhance reporting functionality.
- Develop reports in clear and concise formats to meet customer requirements.
- Design, implement and evaluate reports and other information solutions.
- Ensure reports are consistent, reliable and accurate.
- Evaluate reporting technologies to continually improve reporting capabilities.
- Maintain data integrity and audit HR related data; ensure data usability.
- Acquire expert level knowledge of available tools for analysis and reporting.
- Workflow and Policy Development
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining HR, and training policies and procedures to manage and track data.
- Researches and recommends workflow solutions and process improvement opportunities through data analysis.
- Recommends automated solutions to remedy operational inefficiencies.
- Assist defining system security levels.
- Maintains current awareness of trends and best practices in HR Analytics and new systems, methods and tools.
- Help identify and prioritize current and future information needs.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Stearns brand.
- Maintain Stearns training internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Desired Skills, Experience, or Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Systems, or related field.
- 1+ years of professional relevant work experience (Data Analytics and Reporting).
- Proficiency with data analytics tools (Tableau, Oracle Business Intelligence, SAP Business Objects, Cognos, SAS, etc.).
- Proficiency with SQL or another programming language, such as Java, C, C++, etc.
- Working knowledge of statistics and predictive modeling.
- of data structures and concepts.
- Excellent MS Access and MS Excel knowledge (Pivot tables, VBA, macros, advanced data techniques).
- Strong analytical, and problem solving ability required and the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and manage small to large projects is desired.
- Superior interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills; ability to translate information requests into practical outputs.
- Experience in making presentations; effectively communicate and present complex information in a clear and understandable fashion to all levels of employees.
- Ability to safeguard confidential information is a must.
- Must be meticulous about data accuracy and quality.
- A high attention to detail with an eye on the big picture.
- Ability to work independently and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- 1+ years Human Resources data analytics experience preferred.
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending is also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration). Stearns Lending, LLC is located at 4 Hutton Centre Drive, 10th Floor, Santa Ana, CA 92707. Company NMLS# 1854.
For more information, visit www.stearns.com.